Garmin GPSMAP 8700 Black Box
Garmin GPSMAP 8700 Black Box
Just Add Monitors
Give your vessel tremendous capabilities and features that are fully integrated across your entire marine system. This black box system is compatible with Garmin marine monitors or third-party touchscreen monitors (sold separately) allowing you to add to your current helm configuration or build a beautiful new fully integrated glass helm.
Fully integrated black box system
- Compatible with a single Garmin monitor or third-party touchscreen monitor
- Full support for the range of Garmin black box sonar products including the GSD 26 CHIRP Professional Sonar Module Panoptix LiveScope system and the entire Panoptix all-seeing sonar line (all transducers sold separately)
- Integrates internal sonar sharing multiple black box sonars Ultra High-Definition ClearVÃ¼ and SideVÃ¼ scanning sonars autopilot connected services apps engine data and more
- Pairs with external GPS 19x 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS receiver to update position and heading 10 times per second
- Preloaded worldwide basemap; compatible with BlueChart ® g3 charts featuring integrated Navionics ® data and Auto Guidance1 technology
Build Your Fully Integrated Marine System
The GPSMAP 8700 black box allows you to add and integrate multiple sonar technologies as well as autopilot connected services apps engine data and multimedia at your helm. You can also automatically sync your personal preferences and user data for all networked chartplotters across multiple helms.
Everything you need can conveniently be found at your fingertips â€” on any touchscreen. NMEA 2000 ® networking and the Garmin Marine Network allow you to easily build your full marine electronics suite â€” from radar and autopilots to cameras instruments and forward-looking sonar â€” controlled from your chartplotter and shared across multiple screens. In addition our exclusive OneHelmâ„¢ system coordinates many third-party manufactured onboard marine products to bring full control of systems â€” such as digital switching lighting stabilisation and more - to your touchscreen monitor
Pair with GPS 19x 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS Receiver
The GPSMAP 8700 black box can pair with our GPS 19x external 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS receiver (sold separately) to update your position and heading 10 times per second. It displays a more fluid vessel movement and dramatically improves your ability to accurately mark and navigate to 5 000 waypoints.
Requires Garmin Card Reader
The Garmin Card Reader (sold separately) provides convenient remote mounting and a single access point for 2 SDâ„¢ card slots for mapping. You can add multiple card readers for additional access points. A water-resistant magnetic door allows card reader to be mounted horizontally or vertically.
Add Garmin Charts or Maps with Navionics Data
Upgrade your maps with the most detailed clear and concise charts and maps. Just add accessory map purchases such as BlueChart g3 and BlueChart g3 Vision coastal cartography and LakeVÃ¼ g3 and LakeVÃ¼ g3 Ultra inland mapping featuring Navionics data and Auto Guidance ¹ technology.
Auto Guidance technology uses your specified depth and overhead clearance to easily calculate routes and see a suggested path to follow. Itâ€™s also compatible with Quickdraw Contours software so you can instantly create personalized fishing maps on-screen with 1â€™ contours as you fish.